Season Passes are normally non-refundable and non-transferable.
Mt. Spokane offers Season Pass Protection insurance ($30 per pass) which qualifies the pass holder for a refund of the pass under certain conditions.
How does Pass Protection work?
- The Pass Protection policy can be purchased to qualify your season pass for a refund in the case of an injury or transfer due to employment ONLY.
- Any refund requires documentation, such as a doctor’s note or a letter from your employer (see below).
- Pass Protection only covers the injured or relocated person’s season pass, not family members.
- In the case of a covered event, the refunded value of your season pass will be determined by deducting the fair lift ticket value of any days skied (see below).
- Pass Protection Insurance MUST be purchased by December 1 of the season you are purchasing for.
- BONUS: If you purchase the $30 Pass Protection and happen to lose your season pass, Mt. Spokane will replace your pass for free.
How do I request a refund?
If you have purchased Pass Protection and need a refund, please gather the required documents then contact the Snow Sports Center at (509) 238-2220 ext. 0. Required documents are as follows:
- Either a doctor’s letter stating the disability for the rest of the season for the non-participation of the pass holder or a letter from your employer stating the transfer due to employment. A doctor’s note must be emailed directly from the doctor’s office. A letter from your employer must come directly from their work email.
- A letter from the pass holder explaining the situation.
- Your season pass will need to be returned.
You may mail documents to PO BOX 1659 Mead, WA. 99021, or email them to email@example.com.
How does Mt. Spokane determine the refund value?
(Purchase price of your season pass) – (Fair lift ticket value of days used) = Refund value
Example: Mrs. McGillicuddy has skied on two midweek days ($41 each) and one weekend/holiday day ($54 each). She was injured in January and could not ski for the remainder of the season. She submitted her refund request along with documentation on January 28th. Mrs. M paid $389 for her pass. Deducting the value of lift tickets used ($41 + $41 + $54) from her purchase price totals $253, her final refund value.
Is there anything else I should know?
- In the case of a season pass being misused and/or revoked, no refunds will be issued.
- Once a refund is processed, it can take up to 7-10 business days for your account to be credited or check received.
- Mt. Spokane must be notified of the pass holder’s injury or relocation no later than the end of the ski season.
- NO refunds or transfers will be processed after May 31.
- Mt. Spokane reserves the right to change operating schedule and services and will NOT issue any refunds due to weather.